When you want to prepare your meals the right way, it’s good when you go for high-quality solutions. Yes, that’s right. Your cooking equipment is as equally important as the skills and ingredients you have available for the recipe. In this guide, we provide you with information on the best meat slicer reviews for you to consider.
What exactly is this kitchen equipment?
Well, it’s a mechanical tool, either manual or electric, that has a blade which you can use to cut your meat precisely into small pieces. It’s way better and safer than using a conventional knife. Plus, the high-end brands such as the Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli & Food Slicer are perfect for these applications.
Below is a comprehensive guide to help you in choosing the right one for your needs:
Top 10 Meat Slicer from A Glance
Meat Slicer Buying Guide
Just as you would with any other type of kitchen resource, you need to consider the type of cutter you want for your kitchen. Below are some key factors to get you started:
Type of Meat Slicer
Electric Meat Slicer
These are the meat slicer types are the most popular ones you will find in kitchen appliance departments and stores. While they are affordable, they are also simple to use and can provide excellent value for money. They feature an electric motor, which operates a blade that cuts through most types of food with ease.
Just as the name suggests, you have to connect the meat slicer to an electrical power supply. Plus, since these types have blades that can rotate with lots of power, its good if you practice the right safety techniques.
Manual Meat Slicers
These types are suitable for those who don’t want extra electrical or maintenance costs. However, even if they have no costs associated with their use, expect to put in a lot of effort and technique before you can get good results. If you want to produce large volumes of meat, then Manual Meat Slicers won’t be practical for your needs. Why? Because you have to put in a lot of energy and effort to get the right results.
But, they are excellent for those “one of” days when you have friends or family around for a meal. As with all cutting tools, you also have to practice high levels of caution when using these types of meat slicers.
Advantages of A Meat Slicer
There are various benefits you will enjoy with the right meat slicer. These are excellent mechanical tools that you can use to complement the functionality of your kitchen in many ways. For instance, they are:
- Efficient – even if you can cut meat with a knife, cutting with a meat slicer is way more convenient. It’s a mechanical tool, with many different moving parts, unlike a knife which you have to use in a specific manner. Thus, meat slicers are also excellent for large scale applications such as restaurants and more.
- Versatile – aside from cutting meat, meat slicers are also perfect for various other cutting applications. You can use them to cut multiple other meals such as vegetables, cheese, stakes and more. Thus, go for meat slicers that provide more space for your meats than as required.
- Easy to use – the other good thing about these meat slicing tools is that you can use them in any modern kitchen setting. You won’t have to perform any additional customization of the cutting tool to make them suitable for meat cutting applications.
- Customized sizes – unlike cutting with a knife, whereby you have to cut each piece of meat carefully, a meat slicer will cut into specific sized pieces. The only thing you have to do is to customize the cutting range of the knife and the positioning of the meat.
Features Worth Noting
Aside from the type of meat cutter you settle for, consider the specific features your chosen tool will provide. Below are some few of them:
- Horsepower – the amount of power the machine your chosen cutter can provide is essential. Anything between the 100 to 400-watt mark is suitable for meat cutting applications.
- Blade size – the size of the blade on your meat slicer will determine the size of meat and food you can cut at any given moment. On average, expect anything between the 9” to 10” inch mark to be suitable for the cutting project. Before settling on a specific type of meat slicer, check the size of the blade to determine if it will suit the nature of meals. A good blade should be able to handle large scale applications and more.
- Belt vs gear driven – the most common meat slicer types you will come across the belt-driven types. Remember that a belt drive tool is easier to repair than the gear-driven types. Thus, consider the power your machine can provide and its functionality before investing.
- Carriage size – another critical aspect to look out for would be the carriage. Most brands have products that have a carriage range of between 7 to 12 inches. If you want to slice large pieces of meat, ensure the carriage is large enough for cutting the meat. Plus, remember to check the cutting angle of the carriage.
- Safety – safety is also essential when buying a meat slicer. Go for a meat slicer that offers optimal safety, by ensuring your hand is safe from the blade. It’s a theory that applies particularly to the electric types, which have blades that rotate at high speeds.
Best Meat Slicer Over $50
Chefman Electric Meat & Food Slicer
Plus, the food slicer comes with a customizable thickness dial, making it perfect for preparing meats the right way. Featuring a space-saving design, this 9”x12” slicer is compact enough to suit most cabinets and countertops.
Thus, it makes up for the perfect way to enjoy weekday lunch prep and for preparing gourmet meals. Whether you want to prepare homemade beef jerky, sliced fruit or more, this unit is perfect for the task. Equipped with a powerful 180-watt AC motor and stainless steel blade, this food slice cuts through meals with high levels of efficiency.
You will be pleased with the detachable 7.5” blade, that is detachable and also comes with a die-cast housing for ease of cleaning. Since it comes with sturdy and non-slip feet, this meat slicer sits stable on most types of surfaces. It even comes with a blade safety guard and food pusher, to ensure you can keep the food slicer in the right place.
- Comes with a powerful 180-watt ac motor
- The blade is detachable and serrated for optimal cutting
- The sturdy and non-slip feet make the meat slicer stable
- Slight heavy than most other slicer brands
Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer, 7.5, Gray
With the Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer, you have a reliable and robust solution for preparing your meats. It’s a powerful cutting tool that you can use to cut vegetables and meats comfortably – without any DIY experience required!
The features are simply exceptional. For instance, the removable 7.5 inch and undulated cutting blade can cut through most meats with ease.
It even has a stainless steel removable carriage, that makes the food slicer convenient and straightforward to use. With the simple premium coated and die-cast aluminum housing, you have a food slicer that provides exceptional longevity levels.
Whether you want to slice cheeses, vegetables, bread and any other type of food, this unit is perfect for the purpose. It’s a high-quality slicer that you can adjust from 1/32 inch to 1/2-inch-thick for the best cutting results. Imagine how simple it is to prepare your favourite meatloaf when you have the Kitchen Pro meat slicer in your hands.
Plus, it is simple to operate and highly convenient to use. The premium appliance is an excellent addition to your kitchen and ideal for most chefs. With a heavy-duty 130-watt motor, you have a powerful machine that can cut through meats with ease.
- Comes with a removable 7.5-inch stainless steel cutting blade
- The slice control knob is easy to adjust and paper-thin
- The premium coated steel and die-cast housing is durable
The powerful meat slicer has a hidden track design and removable blade to make it easy to clean. More so, it’s also dishwasher safe, so it won’t cause any harm when you cut your meats.
The advanced bearing and belt drive structure provide the best blade processing results. Remember that the CUSIMAX meat slicer does not require any lubrication to function. For a kitchen tool, the longevity it provides is outstanding.
Equipped with a high-quality blade, the COSIMAX Meat Slicer is reliable and robust enough for your meat cutting projects. The precise adjustable thickness of the blade means that you can even use it for professional purposes. Yes, that’s right! You can adjust the blade to about ¾ inches thick, to make it ideal for slicing various types of meals. Whether it’s cold cuts, hard cheeses, fruit or more, this electric food slicer is a good recommendation.
- Comes with a 7.5-inch stainless steel 420 cutting blade
- Easy to clean and safe to use
- Has an advanced belt drive structure
- Not easy to detach the components for cleaning
Meat Slicer, Siontech Electric Deli Food Slicer
It’s a powerful 120-watt machine that comes with a 7.5-inch serrated stainless-steel blade. The powerful blade is suitable for various types of cutting, including hard cheeses, ham, fruit, vegetable, bread and more.
You will control the size of your meats with ease because it comes with an adjustable thickness control mechanism. The blade is ¾” to make it perfect for different types of cutting projects. Thanks to the easy to clean design, you will be able to store this unit conveniently. It comes with a stainless-steel blade, a food carriage and food pusher for this purpose. These are all features that combine to make this slicer suitable for a modern-day kitchen.
Wait, there is more! The meat slicer has an advanced bearing and belt drive to make it for different types of cutting. You won’t require any lubricant to use this tool for your meat cutting projects. It’s durable and way more efficient than the gear drive types. Thanks to the non-slip feet and suction grip on the bottom, you have a tool that sits stable on most floor surfaces.
- Comes with a powerful 120-watt motor
- The adjustable blade makes it easy to use
- It’s also easy to clean and simple
- Could use better ergonomics
Cuisinart Kitchen Pro Food Slicer, 7.5, Gray
The Cuisinart brand has done well to incorporate useful features on this unit, to make it reliable with every cutting project that you handle.
For instance, the removable 7.5-inch stainless steel cutting blade is durable and can suit various types of cutting. The slicer also features a stainless steel removable carriage, which you can customize to suit the nature of your cutting projects.
Equipped with easy to adjust slice control knobs, customizing the functionality of this unit is a simple process. The Cuisinart brand has done well to include a premium coated steel and die-cast housing.
- Comes with a removable 7.5-inch stainless steel cutting blade
- The slice control knobs are simple to adjust
- Has a premium coated steel and die-cast housing
- Replacing the blade is not easy
Best Meat Slicer Over $150
A versatile tool, this rugged slicer comes with components that are made using high-quality aluminium and stainless steel. Thus, you have a powerful machine that can cut through most types of meat conveniently.
The powerful blade can cut various types of meats, including fruits, meats, vegetables and more. You will be pleased with the robust blade, and the various components are easy to remove for easy cleaning. Thanks to the unique cantilever design, you have a powerful machine that you can use to slice food directly to the platter. With the special button, you have a meat slicer that locks in position – perfect for limiting access to the blade when it’s not in use.
- Comes with a blade and various removable parts for ease of cleaning
- The cantilever slices food directly to the platter
- The high torque motor with a gear drive is effective
- The 7-inch stainless steel blade is suitable for various food types
Chef'sChoice Electric Meat Slicer
Versatile, powerful and easy to use. These are the key terms you can use to describe the Chef’s Choice Electric Meat Slicer. It’s a powerful machine with a rugged design to make it perfect for various meat cutting applications.
For instance, the structural components of this unit are made using cast aluminum and stainless steel for optimal performance.
Plus, the meat slicer comes with a powerful high torque motor with gear drive, to make it suitable for different types of food. You will also be pleased with the tilted food carriage, that makes cutting highly efficient and fast. Thus, you can be in and out of the kitchen within no time. It also has a special button that you can use to secure the foo carriage in the lock position.
Why? It’s a unique design that helps limit access to the blade when you are not using the machine. To make things better, the multipurpose and stainless-steel blade means that you can use this unit to slice various types of meats conveniently. The easy to clean design and accessories in this unit makes it suitable for many different meal applications. These include accessories such as a food pusher, food carriage, blade and more.
- Has a rugged and cast aluminum housing design
- Comes with a tilted food carriage for fast and efficient cutting
- Easy to clean design and food deflector included
- Not suitable for cutting large meat pieces
It’s a robust and durable machine that you can use for various food cutting applications and not just meat alone! The meat slicer comes with a high-quality stainless-steel blade and commercial slicer – perfect for multiple meat cutting applications.
Whether it’s at the kitchen, butcher shop, farm or even at home – this tool is perfect for the purpose. You can cut all thanks to the 6” thick (0-15mm) blade effortlessly. Furthermore, the blade is razor-sharp on the edge, which makes this slicer highly efficient and straightforward to use. The silver base is made using high-quality stainless steel, to make it resistant to issues such as corrosion and more.
Unlike most carbon steels you will find on the market, the blade on this unit is razor-sharp and can provide excellent resistance against the elements. These include elements such as rust, corrosion and more.
- Has a 6 inch thick blade for optimal cutting
- High efficient and resistant to issues such as rusting
- Made using carbon steel material for longevity
Best Meat Slicer Over $250
Zica 10" Chrome-plated Steel Blade Electric Slicer
Are you searching for a convenient and powerful tool for cutting your meats? Well, the Zica 10 Inch Meat Slicer is here to leave a smile on your face – literally! The meat slicer is suitable for cutting various types of meat, and it’s highly efficient for the purpose.
More so, the cutting tool is also excellent for various applications such as in restaurants, delis and more. It comes with an adjustable size blade that ranges between 0-12mm in size. You will also be pleased with the sturdy base and suction feet that make it highly stable on most surfaces. Thus, you can cut meat on your modern countertop space without causing any compromise on the performance of the tool.
To make this unit more convenient, it comes with a waterproof switch, which means you won’t have any damaged switches when using the meat slicer. Plus, the in-built sharpener ensures the meat slicer is always ready to go for your cutting projects.
- Has an adjustable size blade of 0-12mm
- Comes with an in-built whetstone for resharpening
- The sturdy base and suction cup feet make it stable
- The waterproof switch is versatile
KWS MS-10XT Premium Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer
The KWS MS-10XT Premium Commercial Meat Slicer also makes up for an excellent way to cut meats, vegetables and more. Experience the superior quality of the 320 watts motor that can suit various cutting applications.
Whether you want to slice meats, vegetables or cheeses, you are sure this unit will be reliable for the purpose. It also comes with integrated and dual whetstones that can make it highly efficient for cutting projects.
Since it is also made using high quality and stainless steel material, the MS-10XT is the perfect addition to your kitchen for longevity. Since it comes with a 0.4 hp motor and power transformer, you have the power you require to perform constant slicing. It also gets backing from the high-quality motor that gives the KWS the perfect mix of durability and performance.
Plus, the transformer is highly effective and will prevent any electric leakage or short circuit complications. You will be pleased with the removable carriage, which makes the meat slicker convenient to clean. The meat slicer comes with a unique structure that you can use to reach seams, and “hard to reach” sections in your grill.
With convenient KWS on and off switches that are built separately, you have a machine that is safe from most types of electrical damage. Also, the meat slicer features skid-proof rubber feet that make it easy to secure on most countertop surfaces.
- Comes with a high quality 304 stainless steel with Teflon blade
- The removable product tray assembly is simple
- Has a high-quality motor and power transformer
- Could use better anti slip rubbers
Best Meat Slicer: Final Thoughts
Owning the right regimen and resources in your kitchen is essential. It’s not always about the ingredients you have in the kitchen, but the tools as well. We hope you have enjoyed the listings and information in this guide. Be sure to perform additional research if possible, especially in terms of your meal preparation requirements. While this list is not exhaustive, we have collected and compiled it from various reliable information sources. When you have one of these tools in your kitchen, cutting foods such as meats, cheese, vegetables, and more will become a breeze!