Becoming a good cook means that you have to gain experience in using the different ingredients and resources you can use to prepare food. To be specific, meats are perhaps the most common food ingredients around the world today. Whether it’s for preparing sausages, kababs, pizzas, burgers, or more, meat grinders are excellent investments.
What is a meat grinder exactly?
It’s a tool that you use to break down the meat and various other food ingredients. These include ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, vegetables, and more. Before buying one for your modern kitchen, it’s important to go for a product from the right brand.
Top 12 Manual Meat Grinder from a Glance
Best for Ease of Use
Best for Modern Kitchens
Best for Commercial Use
How to Buy the Best Meat Grinder
What Can I Do With Manual Meat Grinder
- Prepare fruit sobet – you can use the meat grinder to prepare fruit sorbet by mixing strawberries, pawpaws, bananas, and more.
- Nut butter – preparing this recipe is simple. You may have to use ingredients such as peanuts, almonds and put the mixture in a grinder.
- Baby foods – meat grinders are suitable for preparing food, peas, vegetables, cooked meat, and more.
- Cheese crumbles – cheese is relatively soft, and you use a grinder to prepare crumble and various types of hard crumble cheese.
Can I Prepare Sausage with A Meat Grinder?
Yes! A manual meat grinder provides sufficient space for you to prepare sausage stuffing tubes, and you may have to check the features. The only issue is that you have to get a stuffing tube that is compatible with your grinder structure.
That said, it’s not always to make sausages using these types of meat machines. Why? It’s because you have to conduct the process manually and ensure the meat proportions are of the correct size. Also, you may have to get additional accessories such as stuffers.
Remember to consider storage factors when you want to get a meat grinder, especially if your office is cramped up for space. You likely have several other appliances in the kitchen, so you have to determine the right space to place each of them. If you want it on display as part of your kitchen’s aesthetics, consider placing it on the right surface. The good thing is that the manual types are generally small when compared to their electric counterparts.
What Is The Right Grinder Size?
The size of a meat grinder is directly proportional to the amount of meat it can produce. In most cases, the rate of a large meat grinder is measured in pounds/per hour. However, manual meat grinders are not suitable for cutting large pounds of meat, such as those that are used for commercial purposes.
Remember to check the machine’s size and determine whether it’s suitable for your meat preparation needs.
Features of the Best Manual Meat Grinder
Below are some of the key features to look out for when buying manual meat grinders. They include:
- Cutting disks – a good meat grinder is available with several cutting disks to make it convenient to use. These disks make it easy to work on varying types of meat.
- Sturdy tabletop clamp – you need a tabletop that sits stable on most surfaces, regardless of the amount of meat you want to break down.
- Heavy-duty construction – the ideal meat grinder is also made using heavy-duty material for longevity. Usually, such materials include heavy-duty cast iron, which makes the tools resistant against various damage forms.
Best Meat Grinder Under $50
Manual Meat Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades
Made using heavy-duty plastic and a stainless-steel structure, you are sure of a tool that will last for years. It’s also powerful and fast to make it ideal for grinding various types of meat.
Thanks to its suction base, you can ensure this unit sits in place when grinding different types of food. The capacity of this unit is also exceptional. It has an enlarged hopper size, which makes it perfect for grinding large portions of meat each time. The inclusion of cooking cutters makes it easy to prepare dessert.
The blades are also fully enclosed, which makes them safe and convenient to use. Thanks to the ergonomic handle design and stable body, grinding your meats is an easy process. Using this unit is also easy, and you don’t need any experience to get the right result. The grinder is available with different sized cutting blades, to ensure you can get coarse and fine meats with each process.
- Easy to use and turn hand crank
- Made using heavy-duty plastic and stainless steel
- Has a powerful suction base for stability
- Somewhat small for commercial user
CucinaPro 265-08 Healthy Meat Grinder - #8
Thus, you will find it easy to grind meat just as you like it. Whether it’s for chicken, vegetables, or meat, this healthy “kitchen power horse” is the perfect addition to your regimen. It features a sturdy design so that you can enjoy safe and reliable grinding on various types of surfaces.
The dynamic design of the CucinaPro 265-08 means that you can use it for various grinding applications. Besides meat, you can use it to grind foods such as tomatoes, onions, and various other small foods.
As you would expect with most high-end meat preparation tools on the market, this unit has a heavy-duty construction. Whether you want to move around within your car or even fall in the kitchen, it is resistant to damage. It’s a tool you will have with you for many years, and it requires a small amount of maintenance.
Made using heavy-duty cast-iron material, this grinder is the tool you need in your modern kitchen.
- Comes with three cutting disks for convenient meat preparation
- Safe and sturdy meat grinder is suitable for heavy-duty meat grinding
- Has a heavy-duty cast iron material construction
- Not easy to clean after grinding soft meats
Bellemain Manual Meat Grinder
Prepare meals conveniently when you have the Bellemain Manual Grinder with you. It’s a powerful manual tool that you can use to ensure your family can consume fresh meals. These include tacos, burgers, sausages, and more, from the finest cuts of meat.
When buying a meat grinder, consider the ease of use functions of your chosen unit. Why? It’s because you are probably going to prepare large portions of meat. However, don’t worry when you have the Bellemain manual meat grinder that has you covered with various excellent features.
Furthermore, the convenient hand crank operation provides you with optimal control over the tool. The benefit of this type of tool over the electric types is that it’s easy to control. With its strong suction base, this unit always sits in a stable position as you prepare your meals. The suctions are rigid, to make it perfect for different kitchen surfaces, even slippery.
- Comes with a simple hand crank for optimal tool control
- Has a strong suction base for optimal stability
- Designed to be easy to use and clean
- Equipped with a meat pusher made using plastic.
Sportsman MHG22 #22 Cast Iron Countertop Bolt Down Manual Meat Grinder
Whether its for commercial or personal purposes, this unit will deliver value where it counts. Thanks to the exceptional countertop style design, you will find this unit easy to bold down for safety and stability.
Capable of grinding as much as 4lbs of meat per minute, it’s the perfect machine for different types of meat preparation. It also has a cast iron construction that provides long life and is coated for convenient cleanup. The entire manual meat grinder set is available with various components. These include a cutting knife, stuffing tubes, grinder body, and grinding plates.
- Comes with an ergonomic wood handle for comfort
- The countertop style design makes it easy to bolt down
- Can grind 4lbs of meat per minute
- Could use a better finish
Weston #10 Manual Tinned Meat Grinder
These include a steel knife, sausage stuffing kit, adapter, spacer, and more. The large opening and unique hopper structure make the meat grinder a tool that’s simple to use to make things better.
You will also find it easy to set up thanks to the clamp-on style to attach to most countertop structures. In particular, the meat grinder is easy to set up on surfaces that average at 1 ½ inch thick or more. The inclusion of adjustable burrs makes it easy to prepare a coarse or fine grind – perfect for meal preparation applications.
With its adjustable burrs, you will find it easy to adjust the texture of the meat result you need. Also, the heavy-duty nylon auger bearing makes the grinder exceptionally convenient to use. The entire meat grinder set is available with various components – perfect for large scale applications. These include a spacer, adapter, three funnel sizes, and more. The makers of this unit have also made it easy to disassemble, such as when you have to clean it up.
The unique design lets you enjoy different funnel sizes, including the 14mm, 19mm, and 24mm sizes, with a stuffing kit included. Plus, the entire meat grinder set is available with two steel plates and a steel grinding knife for efficient cutting.
- Has a large hopper opening for ease of use
- The entire set is available with various components
- Easy to disassemble for quick and easy cleanup
- Comes with rubber pads that prevent damage to delicate surfaces
- Hand crank is slippery when wet
Chard HG-10 Meat Hand Grinder, No. 10, Silver
Whether you want to make jerky, hamburgers, or sausage, this unit will provide value where it counts. With its heavy-duty and tin-coated cast iron construction, you are sure of a reliable tool that you can use for many years.
Yes, that’s right! Your modern kitchen requires high-quality tools that you can use for many years. It’s what you should expect when you have the Chard HG-10 in your modern kitchen. Top-notch kitchen performance does not end there when you have this unit. It also has excellent aesthetics, meaning that it can complement the appeal of your modern kitchen.
Thanks to the excellent table clamp to most countertops, even the 1.5-inch-thick types. It’s also easy to fully disassemble for quick and easy clean up.
- Heavy duty and tin-coated iron constructed structure
- Lets you grind generous proportions of meat
- The oversized thumbscrew is easy to set up
Best Meat Grinder Over $50
Metal Food Grinder KitchenAid Stand Mixers
Discover the Metal Food Grinder’s excellence, which is also a serious contender in our list of products. It’s made using premium aluminum alloy material superior to plastic when it comes to meat grinding applications.
The meat grinder is also easy to install on the stand mixer and then used for meat preparation. Thanks to its high-end performance, this meat grinder is perfect for various meat grinding applications.
You will be pleased that it features three different sizes of sausage stuffer tubes, which you can use to prepare sausages. Whether you want to prepare summer sausage, bratwurst, boudin sausage, or more, this unit is perfect for your needs.
Washing this unit is also easy, all thanks to the heavy-duty construction and components. The KitchenAid brand has also included a cleaning brush. It’s a component that you can use to get to the remote sections of the meat grinder.
- Has an all-metal design that is superior to plastic
- Easy to install on a kitchen countertop
- Comes with excellent sausage stuffer attachments
- Multi-functional grinder attachments for ease of use
- Not easy to clean stubborn stains on this unit
CAM2 304 Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Manual Meat Grinder
The meat grinder is made using stainless steel, which can resist corrosion complications. It’s easy to clean and not prone to jamming due to meat collections.
The other good thing about stainless steel is that its easy to clean and maintain. You will be pleased with the highly ergonomic hand crank, which sits comfortably in your hands for hours of grinding. Whether you plan to keep this tool in your store or use it every day, it does not matter. Why? Well, because it’s resistant to rusting and simple to maintain for regular users.
Thanks to the damage preventing rubber pads, you are sure of a tool that won’t compromise your work surfaces. As you would expect with most high-end meat grinders, its ease to use.
- Heavy-duty all stainless-steel construction
- Has an easy to clean and rust-resistant design
- The wide opening clamp mounting is suitable for most countertops
- Comes with a 420 stainless steel blade
- Prone to scratching from sharp objects
LEM Products Clamp-on Hand Grinder
The LEM Products Stainless Steel Grinder is an excellent recommendation for your meal preparation needs. It has a heavy-duty and stainless-steel construction, which makes it a tool that can last for many years.
Plus, it has a wide opening clamp that lets you mount it on most countertop tables or surfaces with ease.
Whether it’s for a butcher, restaurant, or home meat processing, this unit provides value where it counts. The LEM brand has incorporated this unit with features that make it simple to use. For instance, the ergonomic handle makes it comfortable in the hands, and reliable for large scale meat preparation.
With such a multifunctional tool, it’s easy to see why your kitchen will become way more complete than before.
- Has a heavy-duty and stainless-steel construction
- Easy to clean and rust-resistant design
- Has a wide opening on clamp for ease of set up
Featuring a thickened 304 stainless steel body, polished surface, and beautiful design, this unit is the tool to add in your kitchen. It’s dynamic enough to suit various types of meat processing and personal preferences.
You will find it easy to use the double fixed design flexibly in various settings. What is this exactly? Well, it refers to the fact the Meat Grinder features a steel clamp and suction cup. Thus, the machine won’t shake, even processed by one user. Plus, the meat is labor-saving, and operation is highly convenient. Whether it’s for beef, chicken, fish, lamb, pork, or more, this machine is perfect for the purpose.
- Made using high quality 420 stainless steel reinforced inserts
- Has a sturdy and durable material
- Comes with a steel clamp and suction cup
- Not easy to use on slippery countertops
For instance, it has a large 2 7/16 diameter grinding head, which is thick and durable. Plus, the heavy-duty and cast-iron construction offers years of reliable meat cutting.
As one of the most fully functional meat grinders on the market, you will also find it easy to set up different countertop structures. It’s also easy to disassemble for easy and quick clean up. Equipped with as many as three sausage stuffing tubes, the HG-8 is the perfect meat preparation tool.
Further complementing this tool’s functionality is that it features a long-lasting poly handle that won’t split and is easy to remove with a screw.
- Has a heavy-duty and cast-iron construction
- The unique table clamp style makes it suitable for different surfaces
- Easy to disassemble for quick and easy cleanup
- The entire set is available with three stuffing tubes
Huanyu Manual Meat Grinder Sausage Stuffer
Plus, this unit’s exceptional ergonomics also make it comfortable in the hands and easy to use.
You will also enjoy the stainless steel mirror and thickened meat plate that can deliver exceptional cutting performances. It’s also easy to clean and makes it easy to customize the meat cutting process. The Huanyu brand has done well to incorporate its meat cutting tool with high-end meat cutting functions. There is more!
For instance, the handle of this meat grinder is lengthened and made using aluminum material. The material won’t rust and can help you save energy during the meat preparation process. This tool’s high performance also makes it easy to deal with ingredients in minutes, without compromising the quality of meat.
- Has a unique inline ergonomic design
- Comes with a stainless-steel mirror and thick meat plate
- The handle is lengthened and made using aluminum
- The low-speed spiral cutting technology is exceptional.
- The hand crank requires better ergonomics.
Best Manual Meat Grinder: Final Thoughts
Meat ranks among some of the leading foods on the market today. It’s diverse, and you can incorporate it into various recipes. To make the most of your meat meals, you need the right tools, and we recommend you start with the best manual meat grinder. What is this exactly? A special hand-crank tool, which you can use to grind foods such as meat or even tomatoes into a pulp.
We have researched some of the leading brands and outlined some useful information to help with the selection process. Get a manual grinder and start enjoying customized meat recipes from your home kitchen!