You can serve the pork with some potatoes, onions and some vegetables. Alternatively, you can slice and serve it as sandwiches with additional sauce.
More so, you can use a boneless pork shoulder, rather than the leaner pork loin roast meats. If you consider using a pork shoulder, then you might require at least two more hours for the process. Cooking using this approach ensures the meat cooks tender.
The best part about cooking pork is that it’s not as dense as the other types of meat such as beef. It tends to be tender, and high in fat as well. Thus, be careful when buying the meat for your tenderloin recipe. Consider asking for the meatiest sections of the pork, rather than the fatty areas, which can easily compromise this recipe.
- One large and freshly chopped onion
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One boneless pork loin roast
- Salt to add taste
- Freshly chopped chili
- Some freshy coriander
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar
- One tablespoon of cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of grated garlic
Steps to Make It
- Collect the ingredients.
- Then, use a large skillet to heat the vegetable oil with some medium heat. After that, add the onion to the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes.
- The next step is to sauté onions. If the roast is wrapped in netting, consider removing it first. Then add some roast all over with some salt, and some freshly chopped pepper.
- Add the onions, and let the mixture cook for a few minutes. Then, transfer the roast and onions to the slow cooker.
- With a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Then, pour it over the roast.
- Cover the mixture and cook it on “LOW” for a few hours. Or, you can cook until the roast is tender or thoroughly cooked. According to foodsafety.gov., consider cooking the meat with the minimum safe temperature for pork. You can also add some coriander at this point to help improve the taste of the meat. Remember that coriander does not have to cook in the same way as tomatoes or other ingredients.
- Then, carefully remove the pork loin roast and place it on a platter or pan.
- The next step is to skim the excess fat from the sauce and convert it into a saucepan. Let it boil on the stovetop and cook. Remember to stir the mixture occasionally until the sauce reduces and thickens for a few minutes.
- Place the pork loin roast and sauce back in the cooker, and let it sit warm until you want to serve it.
- Slice and serve the pork roast with some potatoes, some vegetables, or even make some sandwiches. To help improve the taste of the meat, consider using some lemon or light vinegar, which you will apply to the meat. Also, seasalt works well with these types of meat.
- Double the sauce you prepared for the recipe, and serve it on the side by using a sauce dish or gravy boat
- This recipe works well with boneless style ribs as well.
- You can consider using pork shoulder rather than pork loin. But you may have to add 2 to 3 hours to your average cooking time. More so, pork shoulders are ideal for preparing sandwiches. It should be “fall of the bone” tender and easy to shred for your sandwiches.
- Recipe Variations
- Replace the barbecue sauce ingredients with your favorite homemade or store-bought sauce
- Add a little amount of liquid smoke or mesquite seasoning to the sauce to introduce a smoky flavor
- Add an average of ¼ to 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped pepper to the sauce mixture
Pork Tenderloin vs. Pork Loin
Pork tenderloin and pork loin might sound similar, but they are two different types of meat. The terms cannot be used interchangeably when preparing this recipe.
Both cuts of pork are lean, and it’s best to prepare roast pork tenderloin as it does not require a long duration to get ready. It’s the perfect recipe if you know you will be out of the house, the perfect meal for you to arrive home to.
That said, the key differences between these two meats include:
- Pork tenderloin – it’s a type of meat which tends to be thin, and averages 1 foot long. More so, each tenderloin should average at 1lb.
- Pork loin – tends to be thicker, and has the same appearance as roast meat with a fat cap on the top section. On average, the meat weighs between 3-4lbs.
How to Make Crockpot Pork Tenderloin
You will be pleased to know that the process of preparing this meat is easy. There are only two key steps that you should consider:
- Mix the sauce ingredients
- Then, pour the sauce over the tenderloin and let it sit. To save the dish, you can add the ingredients right into the crockpot. The next step is to add the pork and apply the sauce.
- Oh, wait! Remember to turn the crockpot on! Yes, that`s all there is to this recipe.
NOTE : Pork tenderloin tends to be a lead meat, and can dry excessively if you overcook it. Ensure you confirm the temperature with a meat thermometer, and it should read at an average of 145°F. Then, let it sit for 10 minutes before you cut it.
How Long Does Pork Tenderloin Take in The Crock-Pot?
Depending on the size, cooking in the “high” setting should take an average of 2 hours. You may have to test the internal temperature of the meat to ensure it averages at least 145°F. The best part about this meat is that its “fall of the bone” juicy due to the unique process involved in cooking the meat. Yummy!
What Should You Serve With Crock Pot Tenderloin?
Pork always tastes exceptional when you serve it with ingredients such as potatoes. That said, on a weeknight, you can serve it with a crusty bun, with some lettuce and broccoli salad on the side.
Plus, based on our research, this recipe also works well with some Mexican corn and delicious potato packets.
What Should You Do With Leftovers?
Now, here is a complication you won’t mind facing. If you have any leftovers from the bbq pork tenderloin slow cooker recipe, consider the following:
- In the fridge – when stored in an airtight container or zippered bag, you can keep the meat in the fridge for a few days. Ensure that you zip the bag as required to avoid compromising the taste of the meat.
- In the freezer – just like in the fridge, store the meat in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can freeze the meat for as many as three months.
- To thaw – defrost the meat in the fridge, and consider reheating it slowly by using a stovetop. Also, you can use a microwave with 60-second intervals.