What Do You Need to Make BBQ Sandwiches?
The simplicity of this meal is among some of the key reasons you will enjoy it. The following are the ingredients required:
- 3 pounds of boneless chuck roast
- Freshly chopped onions
- Freshly chopped garlic
- Some freshly chopped pepper
- ½ cup of BBQ sauce
- Olive oil
Slow Cooker Pulled Beef Sandwiches BBQ FAQ
Q. What Type of BBQ Sauce Should You Use?
A. The secret to success with this recipe is to use the correct sauce. Why?
Well, the right BBQ sauce is exceptional. If you prefer a healthier option, you can go for the low carb sauce types.
Using the correct sauce will help accentuate the ingredients you have in this recipe. Also, it will impart a unique sense of taste to the meat, even when stored in your fridge.
Q. How Long Do I Cook Chuck Roast in A Slow Cooker?
A. Excellent question! Based on hours of research, we have boiled down to the specific timeline you should for cooking meat in a slow cooker.
Unlike tender meats such as pork or turkey, beef cooks fast. For this type of beef, you may require an average of 8 to 10 hours of cooking on the “high” setting.
Slow cooker Shredded BBQ sandwiches might take a few minutes to prepare, but they are worth the wait. The beef is exceptionally delicious, and you will enjoy the flavor from the slow cooker dish.
- Get a small bowl and mix the onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Then put this mixture in a pan with some olive oil. Let the mixture fry in the hot oil for a few minutes, but ensure it does not burn.
- After that, apply some seasoning on the meat, and then put it in the slow cooker. Remember to ensure the meat is chopped into portions that will receive optimal heat. The last thing you want is large pieces of meat that don’t cook correctly.
- Next, apply some BBQ sauce over the meat. Remember to use only a generous amount of the sauce to help maintain the original taste.
- Then, put the meat in the slow cooker and let it sit for an average of 6 to 8 hours. The result after this point should be that the meat should shred easily for consumption.
- The next step is to use forks to shred the beef. The forks will make it easy to remove the meat from the bone.
- Finally, remove any excess liquid and serve the meat on whole wheat buns. At this point, you should also consider the type of side dish you want to enjoy with your meal.
You Can Freeze for Later!
If you made extra sandwiches, your fridge could be an excellent way to store the meat. Apply the seasoning over the meat and store it in a freezer bag. Ensure you use a freezer bag to avoid compromising the taste of the meat. Also, pour some BBQ sauce over the meat, and remove all the air from the bag.
Preparing It from Frozen
Let the meat thaw in the fridge for 24 hours. Then, cook it in the slow cooker until it receives adequate heat. Let the buns at room temperature, and enjoy the meat.
Best Side Dishes for Slow Cooker Pulled Beef Sandwiches BBQ
Corn on The Cob
Did you know that you can prepare your corn on the cob just by using a microwave? It’s particularly useful when you only need to cook a few of them at a time.
Here is the foolproof and ridiculously easy method that you can use to prepare corn on the cob in a few minutes.
- 3 shucked corn cob ears
- A few paper towels
- Salt for taste
- Take an ear of corn, and wrap it with some moist paper towel, such that its entirely covered.
- Then, put in the microwave and let it cook for 5 minutes. Remember that you can do two sandwich ears at the same time, and it still comes out fine.
- Use a towel or potholder to remove the hot ears from the corn. They should continue to cook for a few minutes, if you leave them in the paper towel.
- After that, use some salt and butter to finish the corn on the cob meal. You can then serve it along with your slow cooker pulled beef sandwich.
Oven Steak Fries
Try your hand with these healthy and tasty oven steak fries, which are perfect for bbq sandwiches as well. With just some sugar added, you will amaze people with your cooking skills.
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled
- Some freshly chopped avocado
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- Freshly chopped pepper to add taste
- Freshly chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450degrees Fahrenheit. Then, line it with some sheet pans and some parchment paper for the best results.
- Then, cut the potatoes halfway each, and then slice then into steak fry wedges. It’s best to make them all the same size for even cooking results.
- After that, soak the fries in a big bowl of water for a few minutes, until they are ready for baking. It’s a process that will help remove the high levels of starch and also makes them crispy.
- Use a colander to drain the potatoes, and then pat them dry using a clean dish towel. You must ensure that the potatoes are dry.
- Then, clean the large bowl, and then place the potatoes back in the bowl. Apply some olive oil to coat them, some salt, and a few freshly chopped peppers. You can also add some sugar and garlic powder to complement the taste.
- Spread out the potatoes in a single layer, and place them on the sheet pans you had prepared earlier. Also, ensure that none of the fries touch, such that you can achieve a nice and crispy all round taste.
- Then, bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. After that, flip the fries over by using a spatula, and then change the position of the pans. Place the top rack to the bottom and vice versa. After that, bake the potatoes for a few additional minutes until it achieves a golden brown and crispy taste.
- Add some salt and pepper to the mixture. Serve the meat when hot, and with some ketchup for added taste.
How to Make Strawberry Avocado Salad
The appealing side of a good salad is that you can customize it to suit your needs. Here a few key aspects of this recipe you should consider:
- Salad greens – there are many options in this category for you to consider. For instance, you have lettuces, spinach, cabbages, and even spinach.
- Fruit – strawberries are crucial for this salad, but you can try out other fruits as well. The best part about using strawberry is that it has a unique “sweet and sour” taste – perfect with the avocado. If not, you can use pineapple, blueberries, or even cranberries.
- Avocado – go for a ripe avocado because it is easy to cut and has an excellent taste. You can apply some gentle pressure on the outside, to check if the insides are tender. Also, consider going for an avocado that is slightly dark instead of bright green.
- Toasted almonds – the necessary and crunchy aspect that complements every salad. You can also change the almonds for pecans or walnuts. Regardless of the type of nut you choose, ensure you toast them first – to improve the flavor quality.
- Feta– creaminess is an essential aspect of any salad, and this type of cheese is perfect! An excellent alternative to feta cheese would be to use goat cheese.
- The dressing – there are many dressing types of the market, such as the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette, for impressive results. It has a unique sweet and tangy taste, thanks to the natural honey.
Strawberry Avocado Salad Description
Prepare to enjoy a warm afternoon with some strawberry and avocado salad. The meal should have components such as toasted almonds, sweet strawberries, avocado, and cheese. The avocado will pair well with the tangy and sweet dressing to make it perfect for your beef sandwiches.
- 6 cups (5-ounce container) freshly packed salad greens
- 2 cups of sliced and fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped and small pineapple pieces
- 1 large avocado, preferably chopped
- 1 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 2 ounces of grated feta cheese (sub: crumbled goat cheese)
The steps involved in making salad are often straightforward, and the same applies to this avocado salad. Prepare some salad greens on a silver plate. Then, top it with some fruits, including pineapple, avocado, toasted almonds, and cheese. Ensure that you use the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette to top up the taste of the beef. Also, shake up the dressing, and serve it with some salad for the best flavor.
To toast the nuts – preheat the oven to about 300°F. Then, out the nuts on a rimmed sheet pan. The next step is to bake the nuts for a few minutes and then shake the pan again. Bake the meat for a few minutes, until the nuts start changing brown and are fragrant. Remember to observe the cooking process to avoid any burning issues. Also, remove the oven and immediately transfer the toasted nuts to a plate. Let them sit for a few minutes to cool, before introducing them to your recipe.